*disclaimer notice* For all of you parents whose children go to bed angelically every single night of the week, you will not relate to this post…………..
Well… it’s happened. Norah has begun the “stalling for bedtime” phase. I’ve started to notice the changes; the slow walks to the bedroom, forgetting something in the living room, asking for more than the 3 stories that we read her… etc (note: I have to switch up the stories now so that she doesn’t notice me skipping pages to hurry the bedtime along… shhh)
Once Norah is in her crib, (we have not switched to a bed yet… and now I’m scared to) and the lights are out– the bedtime excuses/requests start rolling in. And they all begin with “Mommy! wait!”
Here are some examples (the amount in a night can vary…):
- kiss a “boo-boo” (from 3 weeks ago..)
- request for water (at least 4 times)
- cold facecloth for forehead (now up to 3 cloths, one for each hand)
- needs to be tucked in (again)
- her dolly needs to be tucked in
- needs a kleenex for her runny nose
- couldn’t reach her soother (that was thrown across the room…….)
- her nightlight stuffed animal is broken (batteries died..)
- her fingernail hurts (and then requests the nail clippers)
- her foot is itchy
- she wants to watch t.v.
- needs the Dora book, not the Curious George book
- she can’t find “Yoo-Yoon” (the name of her stuffed Loon….almost as important as her blanky, so a worthy crisis)
- there’s a mosquito in the room
- request for milk
- she needs to feed her dolly
As I type this out, I realize I have been more than lenient once or twice 🙄😒, but hey, I’m not a perfect parent…especially when I’m tired!
Does anyone else have these experiences? Any funny requests while your child is stalling bedtime? Please share! Let’s all laugh and survive parenthood together…
Until next time..T. xx