This is when I really bulk cook and stock the freezers. Things like stew, chili, spaghetti sauce, shepard’s pie, lasagna.. and soups! Soups are perfect as this is the season of colds, and they are also handy for quick meals on the days I just don’t feel like cooking!
I experimented a bit and came up with a dairy free tomato soup yesterday that I thought I would share!
handful of spinach, chopped
teaspoon of olive oil
can of diced tomatoes
2 cups of cauliflower
1 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
dash of pepper
dash of Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
2 whole tomatoes
1. tossed in the spinach, onion, and garlic with some olive oil into bottom of the pot and cooked on medium-high until onion and garlic slightly brown
2. Throw in the diced tomatoes, carrot (chopped), cauliflower, the spices and sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Throw in the 2 chopped tomatoes (adds a more fresh tomato flavour) and let it simmer for a couple of hours
4. Puree (I use my immersion hand blender) to the texture of your liking. As I pureed, I tasted to ensure it was the flavour I want. This is a time you could add more spices and let simmer even longer.
5. Pour in bowl, and enjoy!! (I like to stir in a bit of parmesan cheese) MMM!
My favourite soup yet!!! Enjoy! xx