As the Superbowl is drawing near, I have been searching for a new appetizer- a different taste that combines well with wings, chili, nachos- the routine staples for this event.
I trialed this recipe over the weekend(always a good idea to test the recipes ahead of time to leave room for adjustments), and it was a big success!
Bacon-wrapped Butternut Squash:
- cut in half and peel one butternut squash, remove the seeds
- cut squash into rectangular bite-sized strips
- slice bacon in half and wrap around squash (secure with a toothpick)
- mix cinnamon with brown sugar and sprinkle
- set oven to 375F and bake for 45 minutes (or until bacon is crispy)
You do not have to be a football fan to enjoy these either- bring them to any fall/winter gathering!